Our Medical Assisting graduates receive hands-on training in simulated medical laboratory classrooms. Each lab is equipped with the same types of medical equipment used in physicians' offices.
You will spend the majority of your time taking classes that directly pertain to the medical assisting career, enabling you to complete the program in as little as 10-16 months.
As part of the program, you will spend 8 weeks in an externship. Designed to let students practice what they’ve learned, you can make valuable industry contacts. Many students are hired directly by their externship employers!
Graduates of Minneapolis Business College's program can also take the Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) test.
Ready to get started? Call us at 800.279.5200 or fill out our information request form.
Medical Assistant students are taught to:
- Take and record vital signs
- Collect and prepare lab specimens
- Perform a variety of lab tests
- Give injections
- Perform venipuncture
- Understand and apply aseptic techniques
- Operate basic medical equipment
- Assist the physician during an exam
- Manage and update medical records
- Process insurance forms