Our students have a common goal: they all want to succeed in their career. They choose Minneapolis Business College because of the:
• Faculty: At Minneapolis Business College, the majority of our classes are taught by faculty members teaching full time. Having such a high proportion of full-time teachers is unusual and it reflects our mission to provide a high quality education. We want faculty members who are committed to Minneapolis Business College and our students. We expect our faculty to make their students the priority. Our faculty members take pride in encouraging and challenging our students and make it a point to be available for help and direction.
• History: Since 1874, Minneapolis Business College has provided career-focused training and education. Our programs have evolved over the years to keep pace with employer needs. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to our students’ success.
• Facilities: Our classrooms and facilities are designed around student learning. Hands-on instruction and industry-standard technology are featured. Our classrooms, health care labs, resource center, computer labs, student services area, and lounge space are all located in a single building.
• Location: Minneapolis Business College is centrally located in the Roseville area between Minneapolis and St. Paul. Nearby, you can find ample free parking, access to public transportation, and a number of part-time job opportunities.
• Graduation Rate: For students entering in 2010, MBC’s graduation rate was 84.6%. For the year ending June 30, 2012, 100.0% of graduates completed within the normal time for their programs.This high rate reflects our committed faculty, hands-on curriculum, and accelerated programs. Compare that number to community colleges graduation rates and you'll see the difference.
The U.S. Department of Education reports that, among first-time, full-time degree- or certificate-seekers attending community colleges:
-11.5% complete in the normal time
-22.0% complete within 150% of the normal time
-28.4% complete within 200% of the normal time.
Further, among bachelor’s degree-seeking students who start full time for the first time at public, 4-year colleges, 29.9% graduate within four years and 54.9% graduate within six years.*
We strongly encourage you to come for a tour of Minneapolis Business College—it’s the best way to see what we’re all about. Once you see our facilities, get to know us, and learn more about our programs, you will understand what makes us different. Then, you’ll have the information you need to decide if Minneapolis Business College is the right choice for you.
We accept applications throughout the year and acceptance decisions are made on a timely basis. Current high school students may apply at any time after their junior year, but you must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED prior to beginning our programs. We do not require the SAT or ACT.
To get started, fill out the form to the right to schedule a visit or fill out the online application form.
*Knapp, L.G., Kelly-Reid, J.E., and Ginder, S.A. (2010). Enrollment in Postsecondary Institutions, Fall 2008; Graduation Rates, 2002 & 2005 Cohorts; and Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2008 (NCES 2010-152). U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved July 26, 2011 from http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch.
Credit transfer from another school | Credit transfer to another school